Welcome to GlobELT 2017
Aims and Scope
The GlobELT conferences aim to bring together researchers, practitioners, and educators with interests in language teaching and linguistics at all levels from all around the world.
The GlobELT 2017 conference is organised to attract the EFL/ESL/ELT communities to promote connections between theory and practice, and explore different perspectives on the application of research findings into different practices.
Researchers, linguists, EFL/ESL experts and ELT scholars are invited to submit their papers to the GlobELT 2017: An International Conference on Teaching and Learning English as an Additional Language. Proposals for presentations cover but not limited to the following themes:
- Applied Linguistics and Language Education
- Approaches and Methods in English Education
- Culture and Literature in English Education
- Early English Education
- English as an International Language
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Specific Purposes
- English Language Curriculum and Teaching Materials
- Intercultural Communication
- Language and Peace Education
- Language Learning and Acquisition
- Language Policy
- Language Testing and Evaluation
- Life-long Language Learning
- Distance Language Education
- Multimedia and ICT in English Education
- Teacher Training and Education
- Translation Studies & Language Teaching
Speakers can choose to do an oral presentation, a poster presentation, or an online presentation. For all types of proposals, speakers are expected to submit a structured abstract through our abstract submission system. All proposals will be blind-reviewed by at least two members of the editorial and advisory board for scope and quality.
We hope that this conference will create a friendly occasion for all of us to share perspectives and research findings from a wide variety of educational contexts. We also dearly value possible friendships and partnerships made and insights gained at the conference and hope they will go beyond your participation in the conference, leading to better understanding and appreciation of our profession from an international stance.
Hope to see you in Ephesus in May!
Council of Europe
Hacer Hande Uysal
Gazi University, Turkey
University West, Sweden
University of Warwick, UK